Sunday, January 13, 2013

An Asian doing sushi, hold the applause please.

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything, so I apologize. (I will try to be better...mental note). For the past 4 months, I've spent a significant amount of time learning the ins and outs of all things sushi. I must say that working in sushi has taught me a patience level for failure that I didn't know I had within me.

This picture is one of a few rolls that I made and we feature at my restaurants. The one at the top of the picture is a Spicy Crunchy Tuna Roll and the one below is a Sex on the Moon Roll. The Spicy Crunchy Tuna has tuna, kimchee sauce, tempura flakes, rice, and masago all within the seaweed . My all-time favorite is the Sex on the Moon, I love the crunchy texture of the shrimp tempura and the avocado with the eel and the cream cheese (which is weird, because I am not a huge fan of cream cheese or eel). The sauces you see are kimchee sauce and eel sauce, and they are followed by tempura flakes, scallions, masago, among other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment