Tuesday, September 3, 2013

About time I checked this place out...

About a month ago, a few friends and I went up to this restaurant called Food Shack for drinks and food. I had heard about this place for awhile now and despite having spent time in Jupiter, I had never checked it out. We got up there a little before prime dinner time so we put our names on the wait list and checked out the bar/restaurant next to the main Food Shack. It's all part of the same place but it's more of a cozy up to the bar/limited menu kind of place. They have a small number of craft beers but I told the bartender that I like Blue Moon and she recommended a Tequesta Brewery Chancellor, which was pretty good and would totally recommend it. For an app, we ordered their Blue Crab Guacamole which, although the guacamole itself was pretty good, I wouldn't order again. I know that not everyone would feel the same way, but the 5 of us all felt the same way...the crab didn't gel well (flavor wise) with the guacamole. If you want to be a real stickler, the chips also weren't done right. They had too much air inside the chips which made them a hard vessel for the guacamole, but if you don't care too much about any of these critiques, then order away. Just be ready for a dominating crab taste. (Although I did appreciate the freshness of the crab).


When we went over to the main restaurant, we sat at a table along the wall. It's a cute set up and even though you are pretty close to the people next to you, it's not in an annoying kind of way where you feel a part of their intimate conversations. For an appetizer, we ordered their Tuna and Basil rolls which are served with a pineapple and mango salsa and some wasabi cream. They were done spot on and even though I am not a huge mango fan, I would definitely recommend them as an app or even as an entree. For a main dish, I asked for a recommendation from the server, she said that a lot of people order their Hog Snapper dish that's encrusted with sweet potato, but I'm not a huge Hog Snapper fan so I went with the same dish but with Dolphin instead.











They served the Dolphin over a bed of mixed greens with a nice lime dressing. It was a perfect amount of dressing and didn't overpower the fish or the salad. Food and drinks were great and service was good as well.

If you are in the area, definitely give this place a look.

http://littlemoirs.com/food-shack/

You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment