Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brunch (Asian style)

If you have ever been to an Asian fusion restaurant and taken a look at the menu and wondered "Why are there French Fries, Chicken Tenders, and Pizza on this menu?", then you are not alone because I do that all the time. Yes I am Korean, but I was adopted so my love for all things Asian food has been evolving. But take it from me, this place is pretty good.
We started out with a side order of Pork Belly skewer and Kimchi. They serve the skewer with a side of dressed up soy sauce and green onions. Then we moved onto a shrimp appetizer and pork dumplings, otherwise known as Gyoza. Both were delcious, although I tend to favor the Gyoza.
For our entrees, Cristen had the Pad Thai (Veggie style) and I had their Char Siu Pork Buns. I didn't try the Pad Thai but apparently it was amazing. But my pork buns were a deconstructed version of a traditional pork bun. Gone were the marinated pork bites, there was no roll-like appearance, and they did not come in a plastic bag. These pork buns came in the form of a sticky, dough-like open faced sandwich...genius! There were slices of green onions, peppers, a white sauce you could apply, and shreds of pork piled high. You also had a few slices of jalapenos on the side too.
I'm all about places that serve cutting edge food, the type of food you can't find at a Duffy's or Olive Garden. Don't get me wrong, if I want a burger, wings, or Soup and Salad, these are the places people go...but if you want great, trendy Asian food, check out Palm Sugar. They seem to have worked out their previous issues.

Palm Sugar Menu - Urbanspoon










No comments:

Post a Comment