Friday, June 8, 2012

City Diner

I cannot believe how I had passed by this little diner and never stepped foot inside. I had written it off as another FL "diner" attempting to be different than its regular chicken finger basket, fries, and greasy burgers counterparts.

If you have read any of my previous blogs, you would know I am on an ever continuous search for great pizza, a fantastic Ribeye, a true NY style Reuben...

Well up until now, Dixie Bar & Grill held the title for the best Reuben in PBC. City Diners' sandwich had a huge portion of corned beef, a nice layer of sauerkraut, the right amount of dressing, and the Rye bread was well toasted. And to top it off, they served it true NY style, with a bag of Original Lays potato chips and a pickle. My only issue was the sauerkraut was a little mild for me.

I was not a fan of the Corned Beef Hash, in my opinion it could have gotten a better char on it and I did not like it having so many onions. If you like any or all of those things, along with a hash that does not have a lot of fillers...this may be for you.

City Diner Menu - Urbanspoon






2 comments:

  1. It is super cute, comfy and pretty delicious. They have a cute patio so you can bring a dog, say Dolce, for example. And they have vegetarian food options.

    ReplyDelete