Friday, June 29, 2012

Spoto's Oyster Bar (Take 2)

Fortunately for me, I happen to be near Spoto's during lunchtime so it's very convenient to swing in. One of Fridays lunch specials is their infamous Lobster Grilled Cheese with a Tomato Bisque soup.

I would like to say that the soup (which was highly endorsed by a friend) was a big disappointment.  (Let me preface by saying that I do appreciate salty foods).
The soup was overwhelmingly salty and was unlike any Tomato Bisque that I have ever made or had in any restaurant. Besides the salt, the color was off and the soup had a slight burnt smell.

However, the sandwich was delicious. The lobster was soft and velvet-like and is a must have!

I wouldn't let this review be a final indictment on Spoto's or their Bisque, but next time I may go for the Conch Chowder.



No comments:

Post a Comment