Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Avoid at all cost" kind of place.

Listen, I like a great dive bar, a place to grab good bar food, and cheap drinks, but the "transformation" of Rum Shack to CJS Island Grill should maybe try again. It is an unfortunate situation because it has a fantastic location on the strip and has a lot of space...maybe too much space.

First, they try to lure you in with various drink specials but even with the specials, my Magic Hat beer was still double the cost of a domestic and that is ridiculous, you may as well go to World of Beer...continuing on.

My friend and I decided to attempt the egg rolls with the plum sauce to test out the food. If they turned out to be decent, I would attempt the entrees. The egg rolls had dried out chicken pieces in the roll, they came out lukewarm, and the plum sauce tasted like it literally went from the jar/can to the serving bowl to my mouth...no attempt to doctor it up. Lame.

The overall menu is a sad attempt at being "island like" but I would just keep your money and go elsewhere. And don't even get me started on their Ribeye that has more mango like things on it than all of Miami. Lake Worth has plenty of other places to go for Happy Hour or drinks in general.



No comments:

Post a Comment