Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Pizza.

So during one of my frequent daydreaming sessions, I came up with the idea for spaghetti squash pizza. I didn't want to make it on dough or use my typical whole wheat pita bread so I wanted to use the squash as a substitute.

It was truly a labor of love and almost 2.5 hrs, a few re-starts, and a few glasses of white wine...we had our (almost there) desired result.

To recap, we cooked the squash like normal, flattened it out on a plate and after many attempts at drying it out, we put it in the freezer to make it hold its shape. We then added egg and some breadcrumbs in and put it into the skillet...cooked it on both sides and put it on the stone. (This is where I would, for the next time, cook it a 3rd time for awhile)...but we added the toppings on and baked it like a regular pizza.

For toppings we added: peperoncini, onions, green Spanish olives, black olives, meatless crumbles, mushrooms, cheese, sauce, cherry bomb peppers, and serrano peppers.

Overall, it was amazing and will take less time once the recipe gets perfected.



No comments:

Post a Comment