Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Prime Rib Dinner at The Living Room.

So continuing with my attempt to try everything on the menu, I had the nightly special: Prime Rib, (and yes I came off my no starches diet for the night) mashed potatoes, and I substituted a salad for the veggies.

Now let me preface, this review is not an indictment on the menu as a whole, so here goes. I ordered the Prime Rib in the way it should be done, Medium Rare. But, word from the kitchen was it had to be done Medium-Medium Well, which from my experience, means it will err on the side of Medium Well-Well...so I relented. True enough, it was thinner than I was used to and also was more on the Well side. The saving grace for me was the horseradish I asked for. The mashed potatoes were good as well as the gravy that covered the potatoes and the undercarriage of the meat. The salad had cherry tomatoes that were halved, as well as some cheese and a nice in-house vinegrette.

Overall, I am a steak lover (Ribeye being my favorite and yes Medium Rare), and this came up short, especially for $16.95. I would stick with some of my favorites thus far; the Tomato Bisque Cheese Breadbowl, the Havarti Cheese and Pear Flatbread, the Duck Drummies, and the Shepherds Pie, among other things.



No comments:

Post a Comment