Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dinner at The Pelican.

So there is this little (and I mean little) Indian restaurant in Lake Worth, FL called The Pelican. It's open everyday until noon for breakfast and then Fri it opens for dinner. This is where my love for all things lamb came from.

I always get the Lamb Karahi every Fri night that I go. They don't always trim the lamb fat so if fat and some grease bother you, I would just stick to chicken here. I get the Karahi extra spicy, although for non spicy food people I would again stick to something else or order it "less spicy". My standing order: extra spicy Karahi, extra green chutney (which Tara makes herself), extra Naan, rice (be careful and look out for the Cardamom pieces) and extra napkins. I like to rip off a piece of Naan, put a portion of lamb on, throw on some rice and put more spice on by spooning on some chutney...and enjoy! They tend to give you some dessert that cools you down, although I'm not a huge dessert fan nor do I enjoy cooling down, I like the burn. But the dessert is yummy too.

The Pelican isn't the cheapest food option, particularly in Lake Worth, but the place is tiny and Tara is always great. And sometimes you may find yourself waiting for service so that may be an issue at times. But if you love Indian food and are in Lake Worth on a Friday for dinner, stop in. No reservations though.



1 comment: